Friday, April 20, 2007

While the laundry soaks...

I'm at an internet cafe in Tel Aviv while my laundry spins next door. Last night I went to a dance performance here. It was OK but I think their main act is on the road at the moment. The choreography emphasized chaotic shaking...maybe it was a show about epilepsy? I'm sure it took a lot of energy to execute (almost all the dancers were on stage almost the whole time), but there were few moments that were expecially graceful or (aside from the endurance factor) especially athletic. I spent last night with JB in Bat Yam. I admired the way he carried on with the cab driver on our way back from the bars. They both spoke slowly, but naturally, with simple vocabulary. I understood everything they said, yet I knew that I would not have been able to speak readily enough to have that conversation, at least not yet. JB is, as they say, quite a fellow.

The bus on the way back to Tel Aviv this morning made an impromtu route change, so I had to get off and walk a bit. I passed a shoe store called "Gentile Shoes," an old woman playing accordian, and millions of Israeli flags.

No comments: